a simple man in a complex world

Monday, August 01, 2005

sigh.

I hereby renounce my geek status. I can't get this thing to work.

my powerbook can connect to the net if it's hooked direct to the modem. but this thing is easy like sunday morning when it comes to net connection, macgyver could get it hooked up using bubblegum and dental floss.

I can't get the modem initialised. I can't get the router to acknowledge the modem. I tried calling tech support for comcast, they told me to call netgear. tried calling netgear, they wanted money. unless roomie already did something with her computer, I dunno what to do. gonna suck to have to do all my internetting in the living room tho...

I did a bit of shopping today on my lunch break. got some shiny new duds for the wedding. had to ask the lady at the register if it matched tho. _I_ thought it looked good, but I tend to make REALLY bad fashion decisions. mocha brown slacks, beige poplin shirt, and a silk patterned tie with both colours in it. total of $91. miyuki called me and said she bought not one, but two dresses for $42. and that's canadian. so I think I spent too much. oops.

not much else I can do about this net problem until roomie gets home. but at least I have digital cable to keep me entertained. been watching the marlins on espn, only the second time all season I've seen them (first was against seattle on a local channel)... they're even beating a very good cardinals team, which is nice.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM , Blogger Paul said...

So when are you officially getting married?

 
At 8:29 AM , Blogger christian said...

august 15, 4:30, downtown seattle.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home