a simple man in a complex world

Monday, August 01, 2005

geekly inadequacies.

I got home from canada to last night to discover the roomie not only got a cable modem (like she had mentioned), but also digital cable. her mom is going to be moving in when I leave, but I guess wanted to get the utilities set up beforehand. hey, I'll take a month's worth of free digital cable...

there's a problem with the cable modem, tho. I can't get my wireless router configured to work with it. it's REALLY bothering me too. I'm no genius when it comes to computers, but I can generally get things jury-rigged in unorthodox but functional ways. I spent an hour and a half last night trying to get it to work, and couldn't get anywhere.

I do suspect I need to call comcast and get them to change the MAC address... if it's set up for something other than the router, that could be causing my problems. if not, I'm just an idiot and am too old to be playing with that kind of tech.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home