a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

assholish consequences.

gee, I don't think I'm very popular at work lately.

as predicted, I was shrugged off when I confronted the moron about his fuckups. he then went on to say he hopes I don't talk to people like that in alaska, as they'd likely leave me to die in the tundra. I countered that such idiocy is likely not to exist in such a harsh climate. I wouldn't need to yell at morons, because they should all be long dead of exposure or bear maulings.

I mentioned the need for more discipline to my "manager," as I'm obviously not getting anywhere. he told me it was inappropriate to yell at them, and I need to just "remove myself from the situation"... I told him that should be handled in three or four weeks.

between idiot warehouse people that can't do their very simple jobs properly to delivery drivers who get upset if they actually have to make more than one truck run in an eight hour day to showroom personnel that completely disregard protocol to a "manager" that might put in a full six hours on a good day, I'm having difficulty finding things I'll miss about this place.

and I'm sure I'll be accused of having a bad attitude because of "short timer syndrome"... what they fail to recognise is the decision to move was directly caused by the work environment getting unbearable over the past couple months... they've got the causality backwards.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM , Blogger Pedro Pinto said...

if you have a problem with more than one (or two, ok...) of your subordinates, than the problem is you

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger christian said...

there's an old expression that doesn't make much sense, but it goes something along the lines of "pay peanuts, get monkeys"...

my employer vastly underpays its staff, particularly entry level, manual labour positions. this is compounded by the fact my branch is located in an affluent suburb of a city with an already ridiculous cost of living.

the only people willing to work this job for the wage provided are either incapable of finding better work or, like the moron in question, a year from retirement and just looking for something to keep some pennies trickling in.

it IS possible to be surrounded by morons. it's also possible to properly use grammar.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home