a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, June 30, 2005

job woes.

so in the latest bit of carrot dangling and/or threatening, there is now a possibility I'll be shipped to anchorage as a "promotion"... I guess our anchorage store recently lost about six of its crew to a competitor, and will need to restock itself. because I'm management training, I could potentially be tapped for the "opportunity"...

I'm 99% sure anchorage would be a bad idea. for one thing, it's really bloody cold. and dark six months of the year. and a bazillion miles away from my family, or civilisation for that matter... I think the cost of living has come down to a more reasonable rate, but it's still not promising. they'd have to offer me a HELLUVA lot of money to make me consider it. plus, who knows what miyuki would do up there...

in other news, I spent an hour today filling out an application for my former employer, the sno-isle liberry system. they have an HR position open in marysville. commute would suck ass, but the money is as good as I make now, there's better long term potential, and the job would be 100x less stressful. I even faxed it in from work. long distance.

I'm bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home