a simple man in a complex world

Monday, July 18, 2005

dumbass.

linky

just got an email at work announcing a memorial fund for the nephew of a girl in the company. simply said her 12 year old nephew was struck by a car and killed, and they had set up the fund for the family.

it didn't bother to mention the kid died because he was a damn dumbass. shooting illegal bottle rockets into traffic in a sketchy part of town, and then blindly bolting into traffic to try to elude the pissed off driver who's chasing you down...

granted, the guys chasing them weren't exactly in the right. but to ask for donations of money to the family, especially without disclosing the cause of the accident, seems a bit lame. I'm chalking it up to social darwinism and I'll sleep fine at night.

2 Comments:

At 2:45 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard that story. Some kids are too dumb to make it to adulthood. A sort of natural selection.

 
At 2:53 PM , Blogger christian said...

but as a company we're encouraged to kick in for the funeral expenses for the family that would raise such a child.

what's sad is ten minutes after I saw the email, mr bro-in-law called me up to ask about it. not sure which is worse, that's he expected me to know, or that I actually did...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home