a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

reason #68 why I want the hell out of this branch.

one of my warehouse monkeys fucked up FIVE TIMES today on receiving procedures. they hate it when I call them monkeys, but in reality, they are little more than marginally trained monkeys. this guy has been here almost a year now, doing the exact same job the entire time, and he fucks up on nearly a daily basis. the same mistakes every time, too.

one instance of him not properly filing paperwork, leaving it lying out in the warehouse somewhere.

twice forgetting to transfer product over from the packing slip to the receiving copy, and then neglecting to receive the product in the computer.

one PO's paperwork stapled in such random order I suspect he just tossed it all up in the air and stapled it how it landed, contrary to the format he's supposed to staple it in (packing slip, bill of lading, receiving paperwork).

one slip of paperwork tossed in that should have been put in the garbage, as it was a copy of something received on a previous day.

am I anal about this? yes. but that's my job. I'm held accountable for every single piece of product that comes through this branch, and I'm the first to admit I have a crap memory. this means I rely extensively on a thorough and proper paper trail. a receiving clerk should understand this. a monkey, obviously, does not.

in the morning, I'll yell at him. he'll give it a dr. hibberd-esque laugh, shrug it off and tell me to "go back to sleep"... and then we'll repeat the process all over again.

a chain is only as strong as its weakest link? what if every link is the weakest?

I can't wait to get the hell out of here...

2 Comments:

At 4:25 PM , Blogger Pedro Pinto said...

warehouse monkeys are happier than you

 
At 5:38 PM , Blogger christian said...

ignorance is bliss. the equal and opposite corollary is true: intelligence is frustrating.

do you enjoy going to random blogs and casting judgment on their authors?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home