a simple man in a complex world

Monday, July 25, 2005

stupid game.

I've decided to get in the mood for hockey again... only means at my disposal was playing NHL 05 on my playstation2. despite swearing I'd never play it ever again.

playing dynasty mode with the canucks. by the end of the first season, the only regular I have left is matt cooke, which is odd. he's quite good in the game. everyone else was gone. replaced by younger, cheaper, better players like rick dipietro and kari lehtinen is goal, pavel datsyuk, saku koivu and patrice bergeron up the middle, and wingers like rick nash, marion gaborik and jarome iginla. it's amazing how stupid the computer is when you throw in a draft pick.

my goal for the first season? make the conference finals. that's funny, when was the last time they 'nucks made the conference finals? '94? I barely squeak in... simulating the games, of course. next season? win the stanley cup. and I do. season three? win the stanley cup AND the presidents trophy as the league's best team. I get the cup, but finish 4th best (forget the fact that I was first the previous season). so I'm given a warning. one more "Failure" and I'm fired, the game is over.

next season? again, cup and presidents trophy. my team goes a miraculous 59-20-2-1. everything's cool, right? three straight cups, leagues best team two our of the past three years. not bad for a four year run.

my goal for season 5? I must have the player who wins the maurice richard trophy on my roster. this is the guy who scores the most goals. it's almost always a player on a weak team that leans on one guy for everything. it's also a preposterous demand for an "owner" to make... I could conceivably win four straight cups and get fired for not meeting the demands of my boss.

EA sports has some real morons programming their games...

3 Comments:

At 5:50 PM , Blogger Irrational said...

And it's almost impossible to do in the game....they over power a bunch of players in Sim, so that you can never hope to get a player to score that many unless you triple shift him...

 
At 1:23 AM , Blogger Irrational said...

i ASSUME THAT'S SPAM....

 
At 8:15 AM , Blogger christian said...

that's way worse than spam. it's pretentious crap.

and blogger doesn't let you kill comments...

but back to the topic at hand... shouldn't "dynasty mode" just be a twenty year span, where you see how many cups and trophies you win against everyone else? I figure if you win five cups in twenty years, you're still doing pretty good. especially since you gotta rebuild a bit and can't win EVERY SINGLE YEAR...

oh, and did I mention how one season I made a bunch of trades, had FIVE first round picks, and hit "sim to next season" and it didn't let me sign any of them?

real hockey better be good this year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home