a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

paypal can eat my asshole.

this is the second time they've done this to me. I check my online banking and show an $27 insufficient funds charge on my savings account. see, I don't use my savings account 'cos it pays like .2% interest. I put all my savings in ING which pays 3.15%.

however, paypal doesn't work without a bank account. when I use it (which is infrequently, maybe three times a year) I put it on a credit or debit card... but it defaults to your bank account.

I bought something on ebay the other day. little $10 item, actually a limited run comic book from an artist I like. I changed my payment options to debit card, got to the next screen and changed my ship-to address so it would be sent to my work. by changing the address, it changed the billing options back to my bank account. it didn't tell me this. so I deduct the $13 from my chequing ledger and don't think anything of it. until today. my $10 comic book plus shipping now cost me $40.

I'm deleting my paypal account. I flat out refuse to use their "service"... if that means I no longer use ebay, so be it. fucking fascist assholes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home