a simple man in a complex world

Sunday, January 21, 2007

just another reason to dread monday morning...

my boss left early friday, about 1pm. before he left, he called a mandatory 6am meeting for monday morning. I wasn't pleased about that. I usually hit the snooze bar at 6am. I basically have to wake up 90 minutes earlier for this dumb meeting. no one knew what it was about.

about 3pm, my dad called me, asked if I'd heard the news. I don't hear anything. he tells me my boss is going to corporate to take over the purchasing department. I had applied to purchasing before I ended up in quotations. the guy running the department was a total dick. I've known him for years. he hates my dad, mostly due to his incompetence and my dad's lack of hesitance on calling him on it. so when I got to corporate many years ago, this fucker targeted me as a mole or something. long story short, I had the experience to do the job and it was a five minute commute from home. his department was a revolving door, but he wouldn't take me on because of his grudge against my dad.

now my current boss, who I really like, is taking over. my boss is very laid back and lenient... maybe a bit too much so, but I'd rather work for a nice guy than a hard ass. I have no idea who they're replacing him with. from what my dad was saying, it doesn't sound like they even know yet. all I know is, this is going to suck. and I can't say "take me with you!" even tho I had originally looked at purchasing... they brought me into quotes as the future... everyone else I work with in my department is in their 60s. they're literally all going to retire in the next couple years. they're not going to pull the one young person away from commercial quotations, it's the commercial branch for lard's sake... someone has to quote the commercial jobs.

this just sucks. there's better than even odds I'm going to end up working for a dick...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home