a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

there are last meals, and then there are last meals...



went for my last supper before my month pf penance... miyuki recommended the lunchbox laboratory in ballard. damn, was it worth it.

I got the "bad karma" burger... a heaping mount of lamb patty, oozing melted gruyere, dripping sauteed onions... for my side I got the cheesiest damn mac and cheese ever, and washed it all down with the most amazing boston creme pie milkshake I can possibly imagine... we're definitely going back there in june. and we're walking next time, all thirty-some blocks to get there. I'm pretty sure I consumed about 2000 calories for dinner tonight.

but that's good, 'cos 8am tomorrow is weigh in. the prize pool is up to four hundred dollars (!), as our district manager not only joined in, but kicked in an extra benjamin to the pool.

$400 for the person who loses the most... pretty sure I'll clock in third or fourth in the overall weight category (out of ten entrants), and I'm the youngest of the top six by weight. given the amount of weight I could potentially lose, and my relative young age, I'm feeling good about my odds. throw in the fact I plan to go vegetarian for the entire month, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one with a gym membership, and I'll be pretty damn disappointed if I lose.

I'm setting the ridiculous goal of losing 25 pounds in 30 days, or 10% of my body weight. realistically, I'll be happy with 15 pounds lost, but it's good to have lofty goals...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home