a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, April 24, 2008

this just got interesting...

the weight loss contest is getting ridiculously big.

I was bugging my boss for "corporate sponsorship" thinking he'd match our prize cashpot out of the branch party fund. he refused. his logic was my dad (another branch manager) would never throw money away like that.

my dad called me last night, so I mentioned it to him. he told me HE would double it for us. just to make my boss look bad (they've know each other for 20+ years, it's a friendly rivalry sort of thing).

so our pool went from $50 to $100 right there. so my boss finally caved and offered to throw in another $100.

the thought of $200 waiting to be claimed enticed some of the skinny kids in the branch to ante up as well, so we're now up to eight contestants and $260 in prizes. I'm hoping to find another two people and make it an even $300.

the crazy thing is, some of the newbie kids aren't fat. one guy is 184, and he's in great shape. his logic is since we're going by body weight percentage lost, not total pounds (to level the playing field), he wouldn't have to lose as much.

my goal is to drop 25 pounds, or 10%. for him to beat that, he'd have to lose over 18 pounds, basically dropping to 165. that sounds REALLY unhealthy to me. I'd love to be in the shape he is.

I'm not sure why the skinny kids are doing it... seems odd. it originally started out as some incentive for the fatties to lose some weight before summer. these kids are just joining out of greed. they're talking about gimmick diets and shit. I'm hoping I can lose weight and maintain it, by getting used to eating healthier, controlling my portions, and even eating more slowly. I want to get into good habits and continue with them, not just give up on the "diet" after a month and gain all the weight back.

I'm shooting for 25 pounds. I'd be happy with 20. winning the money would just be gravy.

delicious gravy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home