a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I hate reality television.

so word of my plan to go vegetarian for an entire month has quickly spread around my office. there has been much ridicule, and several comments of how I will be easily tormented... one girl even threatened to eat a plate of bacon for lunch every day in front of me. she weighs 95 pounds, so she just might.

one of my coworkers mentioned we should do a branch wide "biggest loser" competition. and he's actually got four people signed up. his logic is, we all kick in $10 at the beginning, and whoever loses the most weight by the end of the month takes the cashpot.

I'm not sure what to think of this. for one thing, I have an advantage that I had to point out. I weigh close to 250, two of the other three guys are around 200. it would be a LOT easier for me to lose ten pounds than them, so I think we agreed to go with % of weight lost as opposed to actual weight.

but the other thing is my vegetarian diet. if I really do cut out all meat from my diet (I may still eat fish, not sure yet. my logic is "if it don't got feet, it ain't meat".), I'll have a distinct advantage with that as well. plus, I don't think any of the other guys have gym memberships. they're all older (forty-ish to early fifties). it's gonna be REALLY sad if I can't take their money.

I just wish they'd call it something OTHER than "biggest loser"... it makes me feel cheap and dirty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home