a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, March 22, 2008

ouch.

my parents came up for a quick visit today and dropped off some new furniture for us. my mom bought new furniture for their house, couch, loveseat, etc to match their remodeling, and offered us their old leather furniture. a huge green couch, a comfy green chair and two ottomans... it's a nice upgrade over the ugly brown hand-me-down couch we had, especially as saku had used it as a scratching post.

problem is, the couch wouldn't fit in the elevator, and we're on the second floor. I fuggered up my back something fierce getting it up the stairs with my dad.

it's an unusual back pain for me, since it's quite high on my back, right on my spine about mid-back. I've had back problems for years, but it was always located in my lower back. this kinda sucks. I haven't been able to sleep (hence the posting at 1am), and it's really difficult to get comfy. I had miyuki dig her elbow in real good before she fell asleep and that offered some temporary comfort. I've decided to medicated with a very stiff white russian and some painkillers, hoping that'll help me fall asleep.

I suppose it's still worth it, getting new furniture (to us, at least). we also got a nice dinner out of the deal, since my mom wanted to go to anthony's for a late birthday dinner (she didn't get to go when they were up in january). I still speculate they went out of their way to deliver the furniture (three hour drive) to "even things up" between me and my sister. sis lives fives minutes from them and abuses them for free babysitting more or less constantly. we only see them about once a month and don't get nearly as many perks. then again, I don't live in vancouver washington and have three demon children, so I'm not not really complaining.

no to try to sleep again. hoping it works this time. need to go into work in the morning to fix some fuckups. for once, they're my own mistakes, I got lazy and fell WAAAAAAY behind on a two million dollar condo job, and I'm getting yelled at from every angle on that one. I gotta screw around less at work and actually pay attention to deadlines from now on, at least one those big jobs. oops. hey, at least it's overtime...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home