a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

terrorists can blow up my work anytime they want...

I don't even care if I'm there when they do.

is it still considered a superiority complex when you actually ARE superior to everyone around you? when you hold them all in contempt because their incompetence makes your job ten times harder than it should? when you get yelled at by irate customers because you and your people can't seem to do simple tasks without fucking up?

everything I've touched the past month has turned to shit somehow. I've ended up looking like an asshole countless times because people around me can't seem to do their jobs properly. and I've done their jobs. they're not difficult. receiving. picking. driving. stocking. purchasing. inventory control.

I've done all of those jobs, and I could pretty much do all of them while asleep. how difficult is it to match a part number on a box to a part number on a packing slip? or to put said part on the shelf labeled with the location on a stocking receipt? there are checks and balances all throughout the system to catch and correct mistakes. yet I have fucking warehouse monkeys who literally can't tell the difference between RIGHT and LEFT, or THIRTEEN and TWENTY.

I have a purchasing agent who rather than investigates where the discrepancy came from, reverts back to his years in receiving and simply says "that's impossible, we always double check everything!" I have an inventory control person who barely has the intelligence to tie her own shoes and will argue with me for hours at a time about shit she's obviously dead wrong about, but she thinks she's a fucking genius.

the past couple weeks have really made me miss the corporate office. for all the shit that happens there, and trust me, there's a lot, at least I don't have to deal with incompetent warehouse monkeys or pissed off customers. at corporate, you have some semblance of autonomy that allows you to plug along at your job for eight hours, and as long as you don't fuck up, you don't get yelled at for it...

seeing as they promised me a raise, a promotion and my own office where I'm at now, and none of that has come to fruition, I'm thinking it's a lot more likely I'll answer the call to go back to corporate when my old boss makes a space for me. and he said he was planning to, as soon as he could run one of the worthless people out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home