a simple man in a complex world

Thursday, March 15, 2007

ridin' the pine.

so work is just going peachy... to the point that I'm taking tomorrow off to get drunk instead, for st urho's day (patron saint of finland).

turns out the big account I've been put in charge of feels I'm "in over my head"... the reality is, this is an account that's avoided us for ten years over a perceived slight. I was told the story today, and it involved a bankruptcy on their part, and our insistence they re-apply for a new line of credit. standard shit, but they got offended and avoided us for a decade. our salesman has been pursuing them REALLY actively lately, so they awarded us a job. and it's all fucked up. they keep changing things around on us, usually at the last second, and then get pissy when we can't meet their demands.

so I've been benched. that bugs me a bit, since I feel I've been set up to fail from the beginning. but what bothers me more is I think the salesman is buying into this shit about me being incompetent, which will be REALLY bad. he's basically the one guy at the branch I really don't want to piss off, as he can keep me very busy and I need him to be successful. if he loses confidence in me, my job is going to suck even more.

rather than think bad thoughts about shooting up the place, I decided to burn a vacation day. I'm going to sleep in, try to catch up from daylight saving... fuck daylight saving time, by the way. I'm gonna run a few errands, and then I'm gonna head over to the lock and keel and get drunk with ann, who is gainfully unemployed for the time being, and thus the only available mid-day drinking buddy available...

I plan to be shitfaced by the time miyuki gets home from work at 4:30. yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home