a simple man in a complex world

Friday, August 05, 2005

damn fine sushi.

okay, there's one thing I've enjoyed about anchorage. little japanese restaurant called arigato. they have a dinner combo called the kimado boat. it was amazing. and huge. had I actually tried to eat the shrimp, I never would have finished. miso, salad, edamame, the most tender chicken teriyaki I've ever had, four pieces each of salmon and tuna sashimi, two pieces each of tuna and salmon nigiri, and a large portion of veggie tempura. including tempura onion rings. that was awesome. the green tea was tasty too.

I found it kinda amusing how the waitress showed me how to eat edamame. has me wondering how many people have tried to eat the whole thing and not just the beans inside. but I also gotta wonder how many people would walk into a sushi restaurant, order a large sushi dinner and not have ANY idea how to eat edamame...

good stuff. I was gonna go catch a movie afterwards, but I mixed up the movie times for the two theatres I could find. oops. wasn't gonna hang around for an hour, so I came back to the hotel instead.

how lame am I that I'm wasting my entire trip in alaska in my hotel room, watching tv and playing online? and how lame is it that I don't care? not like I'm gonna go hunting or fishing, and I don't know anyone here. what am I gonna do, go sit in a bar alone and drink? lame...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home