a simple man in a complex world

Friday, August 05, 2005

well crap...

so alaska isn't seeming like an option. even if I do decide to come here, I won't have an apartment in place or anything. and, in fact, i may not be able to be up here by sept 1. I may need to train a replacement at redmond, which would hold me over past my lease expiring. after coming up here, I'd be stuck in a hotel until I could find a place to live. and what to do with the cats?

miyuki has expressed her preference to stay in the states awhile. that rules out running away to canada.

the timetable for portland isn't working out well. it would also require an extended stay in a hotel at some point, or at the very least moving in with my parents for several weeks. I'm leaning against going to portland anyway, I'd like to not be as reliant on my family.

if we stay in seattle, I'm stuck in a frustrating job. I may get to move to another branch, but it's not a guarantee. only positive I can see about staying in seattle is it settles the living situation. I'd have a bad commute, but it wouldn't matter when I left redmond, be it two weeks or six months. there are a few other local branches, and the corporate office to fall back on. plus I'm fairly certain I can get miyuki a job quickly at corp, which would also mean she'd have her own health insurance (thus saving me $350 a month in premiums).

no matter what, I have no idea what's going to happen at the end of the month. I was hoping to have an idea by the end of the weekend, and I won't. all I've done is rule out alaska. I won't know til next week about portland, but I'm tempted to just stay in seattle.

sigh.

4 Comments:

At 8:05 PM , Blogger Corinne said...

So you're in a hotel for a couple weeks? You can surely find a hotel that allows small pets. And an apartment can't be that hard to find.

I wouldn't rule out the frozen north so quickly.

 
At 8:54 PM , Blogger christian said...

I'm also ruling out alaska because it kinda sucks ass.

I'm going with my gut here. the fact that they're dicking me around on the offer doesn't sit well in my gut.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Corinne said...

I could've told you that befor you left. It's worse than small town. It's small town without the escape and a completely deadly freezing winter.

Currently, it's pretty. Winter it's just plain cold and dark.

 
At 11:19 PM , Blogger christian said...

actually, I'm gonna say paul came closest when he called it alabama. it's redneck and nearly completely devoid of culture.

the weather doesn't bother me. the idea of me being considered even MORE of a freak and thus further ostracised does.

I tried talking sports at lunch today. the manager said pro boxing is his favourite sport. I don't consider two men bludgeoning each other into unconsciousness to even BE a sport...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home