a simple man in a complex world

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

rockin' out with my cock out.

there was cock everywhere. it was pretty impressive.

the copy of guitar her 3 for wii I ordered showed up yesterday. I spent a good three hours last night playing it. my second attempt went a lot better than my first last year. that maiden voyage involved about the first forty seconds of "TROGDOR!" and me getting really pissed off.

playing on the easy level without an audience went a tad more smoothly. I got through about thirty songs, only got booed off stage once, and even managed a five star song. my fingers were pretty stiff when I went to bed last night, and my fingertips are pretty damn tender and more than a little numb today.

I don't know if I'll ever get to even the medium level of difficulty. I'm having plenty of trouble with the easiest level. I did notice that practicing on the slower settings increased the difficulty, which seemed counterintuitive. I managed to beat the first two bosses, both on my second attempt. I imagine by the end of the day wednesday I'll have the easy level beaten. I'm going to continue playing it indefinitely however, adding a fourth button would just lead to me smashing the guitar. I have enough trouble with three buttons.

I haven't yet figured out the hammer on and push offs. any time I try to use the whammy bar usually results in my dropping the note. star power ALWAYS results in me missing the next note (or five). and probably the most annoying thing, whenever I hit a fifty note string, it flashes across the screen and I nearly always flub the next note. I get too distracted by the various things on the screen, but haven't figured out how to turn that stuff off (if it's even possible).

I am a bit disappointed that I don't know a lot of the songs on there. a few of the songs I knew, but didn't know the artist or title... but a lot of them I've just plain never heard. especially the bonus songs you can buy: I only knew the kaiser chiefs. there's like ten other songs there I've never heard of. that's not necessarily a bad thing, the only song I managed five stars on was some crap song by AFI I'd never heard...

we also picked up super mario galaxy, so I imagine I'll need to share the wii with miyuki so she can play that. but for now I'm monopolising the thing in an effort to rock harder. it's pretty pathetic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home