a simple man in a complex world

Saturday, October 27, 2007

CBC can eat my asshole.

I didn't pay for hockey this year, so I only get to see two games a week, at most. every saturday, CBC shows a double header called "hockey night in canada". one east coast game, one west coast game.

the east coast game is ALWAYS toronto against whoever toronto is playing. the second game is split pretty evenly between calgary, edmonton and vancouver, the three west coast canadian teams.

this sucks. why? because toronto sucks. I'm a huge habs fan, I'd much rather watch montreal. but if my choice was toronto or ottawa? I'd take the sens in a heartbeat. hell, I'd take ANYONE over toronto in a heartbeat. fourteen other teams in the eastern conference, and I'd rather watch any of them.

but this week is particularly terrible. montreal is playing the pittsburgh penguins. captained by sid the kid, sidney crosby, the pride and joy of nova scotia, and the best player to come out of canada since wayne gretzky. montreal, meanwhile, has won 24 championships and had several dynasties. the maple leaves haven't won a championship since 1967. they've had their fair share of scandals since then, however, including a nasty bout of pedophilia in the 70s and 80s. they're a team full of cheap-shotting prima donnas, and yet they are CANADA'S TEAM. thus, the national broadcast is toronto vs the new york rangers. only the quebec and maritime region will get to see sid square off against the habs.

so fuck CBC. fuck "hockey night in toronto". and may it be another forty years before the worthless maple leaves win another championship...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home