a simple man in a complex world

Monday, August 08, 2005

re-connected.

I've missed two hours of work, but I'm finally reconnected to the internet at home.

got home from alaska to find internet was out and the digital cable was acting funny. after waiting all day for it to fix itself, I called in and had a tech come out this morning.

the cable was having problems because of a bad connection.

the internet was having problems partly because of me. the original modem they gave us didn't work. so I busted out my spare. then it stopped working. when the guy came out to replace the modem, it turns out there was a conflict between the MAC and IP addresses, probably because I introduced a foreign peripheral to the mix. oops.

but now it's fixed. router works. I can go into my shitty job for six hours. woo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home