a simple man in a complex world

Friday, January 11, 2008

I'm not sure how I pulled this off...

I may have just talked myself into a nice little raise. sort of.

I had already convinced my boss to give me a nice raise. it wasn't what I asked for, but it was close. I think I just closed the gap.

my company offers a small commission program. it's basically 1% of the profit you make in a month beyond $10k. most inside sales and counter sales types, this amounts to maybe $20 a month if they're lucky.

I don't work on the counter. I do commercial quotations. I deal with million dollar condo jobs, and some of them are pretty high end. I'm not supposed to be eligible for this program. no one at my branch in my position has ever gotten it. but I did.

a typical month for me will net me an extra hundred bucks, maybe two hundred in commission. a monster month will net me like five hundred extra.

I'm just peeved this didn't go into effect a year ago... I had a REALLY nice job that we got some amazingly deep backside discounts on, would have been an extra $500 in my pocket back then. but oh well. I'm gonna be happy that I have it now, since I probably shouldn't. an extra hundred bucks or two each month is nothing to sneeze at. I'm definitely going to be looking for ways to break the system tho. I'm pretty sure I can figure out ways to manipulate numbers in a beneficial way for myself.

it's a minor victory. but a victory nonetheless. and it does put me in a better position down the road if we ever move and I leave the company, since I'll be able to tack a couple thousand extra on my annual salary...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home