a simple man in a complex world

Friday, January 04, 2008

she's nearly bona fide...

Label/Receipt Number: 7007 2560 0000 1880 9728
Status: Delivered

Your item was delivered at 7:12 AM on January 4, 2008 in LINCOLN, NE 68501.


we sent off miyuki's application to remove the conditional status on her permanent residency. threw in a ton of "proofs" that our marriage is legit, as well as a cheque for $545 (stupid greedy governments). hopefully they won't need another interview and they'll just accept things as is. we sent off a copy of our lease, car insurance, bank statements, various pictures and thank you cards addressed to us, and even the plane ticket confirmations for our vegas trip. I'd certainly hope that's enough...

it's just too bad I so horribly botched the pictures from the grand canyon. we would have had some good shots of us in front of a giant gaping hole, had I not screwed up loading the film in my antique SLR camera. we're going all digital from now on. next big trip we make, I'm plunking down several hundred on a digital SLR...

so yeah, we should hear back within a few weeks, and then we won't have to deal with this again until it's time to renew in ten years. and I'm hoping the renewal process is like renewing a driver's license...

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I went through this and at the interview they actually asked her, "Are you a terrorist?"

She said, "Nope."

Made me wonder who answers, "Err.. yeah. You got me."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home