a simple man in a complex world

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

r kelly should go back to making sex tapes...

now that I have cable again, I have mtv. and mtv still sucks ass. even the digital mtv channels are beginning to suck more ass.

I've seen the video for r kelly's "trapped in a closet" a couple times already in the twenty or so minutes I've had mtv hits on. and I gotta say, that is THE ABSOLUTE WORST SONG EVER WRITTEN! all I can think of when trying to listen to it is the family guy episode that parodies randy newman (you know, the post apocolyptic one where they go searching for twinkie factory?).. such inanely stupid lyrics...

has me wondering if there's still a problem with collusion between the recording industry and the radio/video people. 'cos I really can't imagine anyone actually WANTING to play that crap without a briefcase full of cash, coke or midget hookers trading hands...

5 Comments:

At 10:10 PM , Blogger Corinne said...

Had you watched the 20 minute, 5 part epic you would've realized the gold that you were flicking past.

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger christian said...

fortunately they don't show that all at once from what I've seen.

if they did, my head would probably explode.

 
At 12:24 AM , Blogger Corinne said...

Actually, what you saw was probably the whole thing...

I've never seen just part of it.

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger christian said...

no, it was definitely just part one. it ended with the husband standing outside the closet. it was only about three minutes long.

 
At 10:51 AM , Blogger christian said...

nononono, this is on the MTV digital channels... they have four or five different channels. "MTV Hitz!" plays the same eight songs on a loop. but even then they've started to show "regular" programming as well... they had a stupid hilary duff making of her new video.

and damn, she needs to eat like an entire ham. she looks about 40 pounds underweight. cut down on the smack, girl...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home