a simple man in a complex world

Monday, February 04, 2008

so yeah, some stuff happened...

eventful weekend. I learned a lot about myself and those around me.

perhaps most importantly, it's really bad for me to drink thirteen cans of pabst in a single sitting. I'm 36 hours removed from the incident and still concerned that if I sneeze I may violently and spontaneously crap my pants. I still think it was probably worth it, but I won't be going on a binge like that a few months.

I also got my come-uppance from paul for years of abuse. he dare-aoked tori amos "cornflake girl" for me to sing. not only is that about the single most retarded song ever written (lyrically speaking), it's also nigh-impossible to sing (definitely would never knock tori's vocal skillz). he watched me suffer and murder the song with great relish. so much was the torture (for everyone else in the room as well), that I got my revenge not once, not twice, but three times. first, a cock-punch was in order. and despite being ten beers in and barely landing a glancing blow, he seemed to be in a lot of pain. the best revenge was served swedish... he thought he was getting up to sing INXS, only to find he was stuck with dancing queen. I bailed him out with our second gay duet of the night (he already had made me duet "breakfast at tiffany's" with him). his suffering wasn't nearly bad enough yet tho, so when kj duke offered me a second dare-aoke, I had to go with "total eclipse of the heart" and AGAIN helped him out (this time backing vocals only). it was the hat trick of gay karaoke duets. paul is proud that he won that round. I will concede he did, but next time he's going to REALLY pay. saturday night I gave him karaoke GOLD, he gave me karaoke equivalent to gargling 151 proof rum. I'll find something suitably evil for him to sing next time. kj duke was looking for someone to sing der kommissar in german...

other highlights of the night including "kiss me deadly" which, unfortunately, was done so late that only about eight people were left to enjoy. I never got around to "lola" by the kinks... I was able to get through a rendition of GnR's version of "live and let die"... fastball's "the way" fell surprisingly flat. miyuki had already left before my tom jones, so she didn't hear me serenade her with "she's a lady"... "don't stop believin'" went as well as could be expected, since I already had no voice by that point thanks to the aforementioned tori.

I'm trying to decide which song was best on the night... alex did a VERY poignant rendition of "my humps" alanis-style... but christine pretty much NAILED "cabaret" in a truly amazing way. I posted video on facebook of brendan's cover of "with a little help from my friends" complete with joe cocker-esque tweaking... but the camera work was REALLY shoddy 'cos I was quite drunk. I think the shaky-cam just adds to the tweaking, personally.

the truly big news of the night was graeme dropping the bombshell that he knocked up his wife. this was a bit of a shock as they had been firmly in the "non-breeder" camp for as long as I've known them (nearly ten years now). I am now deathly afraid that the "biological clock" isn't just some stupid myth like jesus or the female orgasm, but is actually quite real. I am brazenly forecasting a baby boom amongst clubhousers and expect at least two more pregnancies by 2010. I have my theories of who will succumb to parenthood first, but will keep them to myself. personally, I find this to be a much bigger deal than toby's conversion to teh jesus. finding religion isn't as big a commitment, because if necessary, it's pretty easily lost again. found children are a tad bit harder to lose a few years down the road if you change your mind again. I wish all the best to grae and bean, but for the love of all that is holy, don't go giving miyuki any damn ideas...

sunday wasn't as exciting. high point was setting a record at teh chineefoo, a bill of $111.80 for fourteen people. we were there over two hours and for the first time ever left a sizable amount of food still on the table. they had fancy new menus, but otherwise everything was pretty much the same. I think I've overdone the curry chicken chow mein. it doesn't seem as good anymore. but I REALLY liked the black bean beef chow foon, so all is well.

we got home at a reasonable hour, and I checked the stupidbowl score just in time to see I was in line to collect $40 from the pool at work, with only a minute left in the game. then with 51 seconds left, the giants scored, the patriots lost and so did I. stupid patriots. can't even hold a retarded quarterback in check when the game was on the line? I thought they were supposed to be perfect?

I went to bed too late last night (ie, the usual 10pm), so I'm REALLY tired after only getting six hours of sleep the night before. my throat really hurts. I would have just called in sick, but I have shit to do today that couldn't wait until tomorrow.

so of course, I'm blogging instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home